Saturday, April 30, 2011
dug out these old photos from a playground visit looooooooooong ago...we used to visit there so much, i could probably have told you when a new scratch ended up on the slide, lol. those days are gone, but i still love the pics...in fact, i bet if we wandered down there again, she'd hop right on the slide like she was still 7. :)
that Fiskars Fngertip Knife is the best i've used...it fits just right in your hand and made hand-cutting the centers out of those 'polaroids' on the Echo Park paper a breeze. i chose the Bumpy Road Border Punch since it looked like the blue scallop that was already on that paper.
just a head's up...TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $30/FREE SHIPPING DEAL AT 2PEAS!!! they don't offer this very often...and it is the perfect reason to stock up in time for National Scrapbook Day next week!! sooooo many new products available...i know i keep adding things to my cart as well. }:)
side note: thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts/prayers for the family of our dear friends who suffered a tragic loss this week. to say it has been rough would be an understatement...Mike has lost one of his closest friends, and we are all trying to find comfort in knowing what an impact Martin had on us. it was just a week ago today that we gathered for an impromptu bbq & shared lots of laughs...words can't express how much he will be missed. i just wanted to say how much i appreciate people reaching out to me with words of comfort...i'm blessed to have you.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
mad love for this one...wow.
i'll just jump right in...
i made this one entirely with the Pink Lemonade add-on...and it is my favorite page that i've made in a loooooooooong time. might have something to do with the pic of me & my BFF, Jenn...love her. i just kept adding pieces and stopped when i ran out lol. also used one of the Girls Paperie Artisan Pins here...snapped the pin right off and used it like a brad/button. Pink Lemonade add-on + Classic Calico Mister Huey + Lemonade Mister Huey + White Mister Huey + Malted Milk Paint + Modern Garland Border Punch + Girls Paperie Artisan Pins
this next one i kind of did the same way. started out with the pic. then cut a square of paper the same size. the cut a triangle of it and made an 'envelope'. WHY? who knows, lol. but i like it. :)
this is a nickname we have for Allie...our 'Girl Sunshine'.
i used my Zig Emboss pen to add some Mustard Zing to the panes of the chipboard window, and found a new way to use my Mister Hueys...take the lid off and use them like watercolor paint!! thats how i colored the frame of the window. ;)
Mister Huey White + Mister Huey Piglet + Mustard Zing + Zig Emboss Pen + Girls Paperie Artisan Pins + Paper Lanterns add-on + Chewing Gum Paint + Brush Set
next, we all chose a member layout to lift...and i chose Diane Payne!! here is her layout...loved the simplicity and banner...
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- White Mister Huey...looks great against the grey cardstock, of which i am now in LOVE.
- Classic Mister Huey...toned down some white cardstock perfectly for me.
- Girls Paperie Tin/Metal Pins...I. LOVE. THESE. i didn't get the add-on that they were in, but knew they were right up my alley. (you only get 6 in the add-on, so it worked out better for me!) i have used them both as a 'pin' and more like a 'brad/button' by snapping off the pin, lol...you'll see ;) just a great, vintage-y enameled look to these...and it works out to $0.50 per pin. share with a friend if you like, but i'd have a hard time not keeping them to myself!!
- Pink Lemonade add-on...my FAVORITE!! loved every piece of the Girls Paperie that was included, and the October Afternoon 5&Dime Ephemera packet is AWESOME. Hambly rub-ons, amazing. made my favorite layout in a loooooong time with this one.
- Paper Lanterns add-on...more happiness with the Girls Paperie chip alpha AND the Crate 12x12 chipboard. at firt glance, i didn't think i had much use for that particular Crate chipboard, but ended up LOVING it.
- Lemonade Mister Huey...changed the naked chipboard ampersand from the Pink Lemonade add-on to the perfect shade of yellow.
- Mustard Zing...great with the stamps, even better adding some spice to the Crate chipboard window ;)
- Piglet Mister Huey...same as above. discovered a NEW way to use my Mister Huey's this month...don't you love when that happens?!
- 7-piece Paint Brush Set...see above. :)
- Crate Portrait 12x12 Chipboard...Portrait is my fave collection from CHA. enough said?
- Apricot Zing...looks great with that number border stamp in the Main ;)
- Leaf Zing...likewise.
- Zig Embossing Pen...provided the ability to use my Zing Powders in fun ways this month.
- Tiny Attacher...love. and now that i learned a way to make it reach even farther?? WOW!
- Basic Grey File/Distressing Set...go-to product for sanding my chipboard edges & paper :)
- VersaMark Ink
- Malted Milk + Lemon Drops + Chewing Gum Paint...to edge my photos, of course!!
(remember, all add-ons + shop items ship FREE with your Main Kit!)
Sunday, April 24, 2011
it's hard when your girl grows up...no more basket filled with goodies from the $1 spot. and since she doesn't eat candy, it's tough to think of things to stuff in there that she'll actually use, you know? things that won't get tossed aside in a few short days? so we have switched over to gift cards...and we'll have a day together this week while she's on Spring Break, so she can shop her heart out. :)
one thing that she still loves to do though is decorate eggs. again, she doesn't eat them, lol...but we still make 2 dozen to give to Grandma & Grandpa Vene + make some egg salad for Grandma T. so i snapped a few pics last year and saved them until now.
i really like the Pebbles 'Happy Go Lucky' line...lots of good, basic prints that can be mixed with anything. and call me crazy, but i had fun sewing the title to this page!! after cutting it with my Slice (with the Handwritten cartridge), i took my time and got up close and personal with my sewing machine. :)
hope your Easter was happy...enjoy the rest of the week!!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Saturday, April 09, 2011
Monday, April 04, 2011
copyright @2peas. Supplies: Crate Paper Portrait Line + Barnwood Mister Huey + Hearts Veneer Shapes + Chinese Knot Edger Punch + Yellow Cosmo Chipboard Alphabet + Double Scallop Edger Punch + Lemonade Mister Huey + .03 & .05 Black Pens
i loved the cake sticker...that's how this whole layout started. the photo of my mama & dad is a fave, and i love how their story began. dad worked at Ford Motor, but played in a band on the weekends for fun with his buds. mama and her friends go (by chance) to see them play, he dedicates a song to her (without even ever speaking a word to her) and they marry 11 months later. they enjoy being newlyweds for 4 years before i come along, 2 years after that my brother is added, and the rest is history. :)
all because of one song.
just like this layout started with that cake sticker, lol. i spritzed it with some Lemonade Mister Huey and then added some detail with my .03 black pen...journaling with the .05 pen. i've rediscovered the Chinese Knot punch, and have plans to try something else with it soon. :) hope you have a great week!