Tuesday, March 30, 2010
in lots of good ways...nothing bad.
just crazed. busy. elated. hopeful. grateful. blessed.
thinking of dear friends.
and new babies in their lives.
and positive changes for them.
thinking of my own girl.
who, though no longer a baby, still reminds me of how lucky i am to be her mama.
(so proud of her latest note home from school...a formal letter inviting Mike & i to have juice and bagels with she and the Principal to celebrate her being named 1 of 2 students in the entire 5th grade that are receiving the annual Character Award...proof that her amazing heart extends beyond the limits of our house, lol)
thinking of how lucky i am to have found such a good friend that i can talk to about anything and everything.
she never judges.
she never fails to make me smile.
and she never...ever...makes me feel anything less than fabulous.
(love you, Jenn.)
thinking of how hectic our life is at times.
soccer soccer everywhere, lol.
but i wouldn't change it.
it allows our girl to do something she genuinely enjoys and feels good about.
and as an added bonus, we've earned several friends in the parents that we see every week.
playing with the same team year after year has been such a blessing.
looking forward to beginning our Spring outdoor season, because after the winter indoor stint, i am DONE with body checks into the glass, turf burns on the knees and the non-existence of out of bounds, lol.
thinking of my job.
and how i am so fortunate to not only have one that i love...but one that enables me to share my days with friends that make the work day fly by.
and in the process, we get to help people.
thinking of friends that are far away.
and getting to see several of them in just 24 short days.
added bonus that i get to take a few classes while we catch up.
not to mention the junking we've got planned.
holy moly...this is going to be a blast.
and i could care less that i will be driving 6+ hours alone in my car to get to them.
i'd drive 36 hours if i had to.
thinking of so much.
and while there are moments of clarity.
more often than not, i feel like a crazy woman running around.
all mixed up.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
this last one kind of 'happened' after a day that Allie and i hadn't quite seen eye to eye about something, lol...does that ever happen to anyone else? i find myself journaling about feelings, and using a kind of random photo to tag along with it. i guess that happens when journaling is a big part of why you scrapbook, right? anyway, i became smitten with the color and phrases in the American Crafts Thickers chipboard in the Wacky Shack add-on...and used this one for the title because it reminded me of Allie's own almost-11-year-old handwriting. (she also has been known to use hearts to dot her I's, so it was perfect) the vase from that sheet added to the 'home' theme and what do you know...there is another one of those Prima sequined thingies and the yellow stamped house! (not to mention my fave new flower punch, that April is waiting on for the shop!) i am loving use white cardstock as a base again lately...but i keep reaching for my Cream Maya Mist to tone it down just a touch. that Cream Mist is probably my second most often reached for color...and it's GREAT if you are new to misting and maybe a bit intimidated by all of the colors available out there!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
i had a feeling from the moment we saw the images and content lists...but when it showed up on my doorstep, WOW. head over heels. LOVE this one above all others, lol. so here we go!!
a few surprises this month for me. i didn't expect to love these K&Co. vintage frames so much...but i do. and i will be seeking out more for my stash, as it is something i can see myself using. over and over. i am a big fan of frames in general, so the twist on these sent me reeling! surprise #2: those sequin Prima flower centers from the Tilt-a-Whirl add-on. i used one on almost every layout, and will be hunting them down in other colors. the aqua chipboard Thickers from American Crafts (in the Whacky Shack add-on) nestled their way onto just about everything as well this month, lol.
surprise #3: the sentiments stamps in the Skycoaster add-on. i didn't particularly think i needed a set like this, but holy pete...they come in handy!
this last sneak is entirely from the Main Kit, Joyland...those Sassafras yellow stickers are amazing, and i want them in every color now. i have to add, i have had this photo of my Dad for as long as i can remember...just waiting for the 'right' time to use it. i sifted through a few photos this month and it jumped out at me. now, looking at this kit you certainly wouldn't think about using it for a 'military' layout...but the elements worked perfectly, and i'm stoked about getting this story down on paper as it's one i want to remember always. his words when he would tell me about this specific incident, arriving at a military base where he was stationed in Germany at the ripe old age of 18, way back in 1957...they still run through my mind.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Amy Christine said...
this sounds like so much fun!thanks for the chance to win. :]
please send me a note via Studio Calico...i started a thread over there so you could find me easily!!
stay tuned...sneaks of the April kit coming soon!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
good news? i *think* i may be on the mend...antibiotics seem to have helped immensely, and aside from the occasional late night coughing jag i appear to be improving. thank you, Pharmacy run.
we have a crazy day today...tons o'soccer, as the indoor season is winding down and we have a makeup game, a regularly scheduled game AND practice. but hey, only a few more weeks and we will be back outdoors for the Spring season...and i, for one, am thrilled. indoor is ROUGH. it's basically played on a hockey rink type field: with fake grass, no out of bounds and glass walls that the girls 'accidentally' ram each other into. the action is constant, and to be honest...tough to watch sometimes as a mama. but it keeps the girls busy during the blah winters here and they enjoy seeing each other, since they all go to different schools.
on a BRIGHT note though...here is a sneak of what the AMAZING April kit at Studio Calico has in store for you!! i give you...Joyland!(and those images there? that's just the SC exclusive papers!!) i have to say it...Joyland has officially bumped Times Square out of my all-time faves spot. i am having so much fun with this one, and URGE you...if you are on the fence about subscribing, PLEASE do so now! you will not regret it, i promise...but you will regret not getting this one on your front doorstep when the UPS man comes!! just click here for info on becoming a subscriber!!
on a sad note...boo-hoo, lol...the stamps above have been Pink-Slipped, so now is your final chance to purchase them. so here is my salute to you: Mini Picture Frame, we shared some fun times didn't we?? Little Girl, i used you on one of my favorite layouts. Spirograph, the same goes for you my friend. Ampersand?? you served me well in many a title. the little tree...well, i have plans for you come Springtime. and last, but certainly not least...Miss Nadiya. lending just a touch of vintage cursive to any layout in need.
lucky for me...i have all of these in my stash.
make sure you do, before they're GONE!!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
(and thanks to everyone for their kind words!!)
Friday, March 05, 2010
just sitting here, home again due to this awful cold that has ransacked my house...so i thought i would blog. this has really thrown me for a loop...i haven't been quite this sick in a loooooong time, and i am just miserable. went back to work yesterday, felt 89634252% better...and then WHAM! overnight (as in, 2:45am) it hit me all over again...and despite my efforts to tough it out, an hour after that initial attack (so, now we're talking 3:45am)...i gave in and called the Sickie Hotline, lol.
i did however, last weekend while i was feeling great (because this cursed virus had not yet hit my body)...make this layout for the Lily Bee blog. with the addition of new DT Members (hopefully they will be announced Monday!!) we went with a 'New Beginnings' theme for our layouts. seeing this as a perfect opportunity to document just how crazy scary it was to be a first time mama, i used this old photo of Allie and i with the new 'Lovely' Line from Lily Bee. i printed this photo in a 2x2 size and used my big square punch to cut them out. spritzed the white cardstock with some Lime Maya Mist before adhering it to the pink Lovely base paper and then sewed around the entire edge. i used a couple of chipboard butterflies leftover from my Studio Calico Main Kit that i backed with Lovely papers, but you could easily use either this butterfly punch or even this one as well...i have both in my stash and reach for them constantly. i punched the loopy banner with this punch, and then trimmed it away from the paper so that all i was left with was the loops. that left it flexible enough to kind of shape into a banner, and i used 2 of the tiny chipboard buttons from the Lovely line to anchor it at the edges of the page. i added a few of the tiny staples with my Tiny Attacher to the ruffled piece of striped paper for fun...added my title with the Home Front woodgrain alphabet stickers and then my journaling...voila!!
here is a close-up of the photo...i can't BELIEVE how young i was, lol...what a difference 10 years makes.
in other ramblings:
- i am kind of excited but also a bit nervous about the month of July coming up. we are hoping to go visit Mike's sister in Washington D.C. for the 4th (crazy time to visit there, i know...but she just got her new assignment after her 1 year deployment to Iraq and wants us all to be together.) Mike & i are totally stoked...we both love history and have been eager to see so many things there. i haven't been since i was 12...and i can assure you that i have an appreciation for most of the places we'd like to see that i didn't have at that early age lol. HOWEVER, after we get home from said jaunt to the capitol...Allie will be home for just a few short days before we drive 2 hours and drop her off at a college campus for a 5-day soccer camp. where she will room with one of her buds from her soccer team IN A COLLEGE DORM for the week. she is so excited about it...and am i for her...but things sure will be quiet for that week around here.
- if i lift from this fog, we may attempt to see 'Alice in Wonderland' this weekend. it looks creepy, but we typically love anything with Johnny Depp.
- my living room floor is a haven to Girl Scout cookie lovers everywhere right now. we got all of the orders in a few days ago, and i haven't had the oomph to sit down with Allie and sort them all just yet...but walking through there is like a den of temptation. self-torture abounds, lol.
- poor Lola had yet another laser treatment to the 'hot spot' on her face/head last night. it is healing at least...and they keep reassuring us that the fur will grow back, lol. she is lovable regardless...bless her heart.
- thinking positive thoughts for dear friends who are having a bit of a challenge right now...with sunshine on the horizon. 2 of my favorite people in the world who have so much to offer...love you both, A&G.
- beaming with pride at news from a friend that is well-deserved...it's so dang cool when you can see good things happen for good people, kwim?
- looking forward to a brief getaway with my BFF Jenn later this month to our favorite scrapbook store, Scrappy Chic...stoked to spend the entire day with her, be it in the car on the 2 hour trip there...cropping the afternoon away...and even the 2 hour drive home. always a good time when we get together, and i love her to pieces.
- last but not least, there is an amazing box sitting over on my desk that contains the April Studio Calico kit. it's a bit too early for clues, but let me stress that this one is most likely bumping Times Square out of my Most Fave Kit of all time spot. it is likely to be the one to make people become subscribers, if they haven't already...so consider yourself forwarned, lol!!
hope you enjoy your weekend...whatever you have in store.
i'm just going to try to feel better, and shake this virus.