Saturday, August 07, 2010

life is.


  • crazy. hectic. stressful right now. a few things happening, everyone is fine, but my heart sometimes feels like it is ready to thump right out of my chest.
  • summer. almost gone. we knew this was going to be a busy summer for us, but i can hardly believe that it's winding down. i'm ok with that...i have HAD IT with the 90+ temps for the last 6 weeks. this girl wants to turn off her air conditioning.
  • school. other than several flash drives that she needs for different classes, school supplies are bought. for middle school. WHOA. on to tackling a back to school wardrobe...and loving that she has sent me emails with links to things she likes. 'no Allie, you can not wear low cut boots with HEELS to 6th grade...HEEEEEEEEEEE.
  • her. i wanted to post this pic, because on Tuesday...those braids will be gone. quote: 'Mama, i need a REAL haircut for middle school...i need a STYLE'. 2 things: a.)she still calls me Mama (and i love that), b.)no, she will not be getting the Posh Spice 'do that she texted me while i was at work. nothing quite so drastic, we still need to be able to pull it back out of her face for soccer.
  • speaking of which, soccer. will be crazy this season, playing on 2 leagues. trying a premier club, but also keeping the security of our familiar league as well...just in case. looking forward to Mike passing the torch onto a new president of the league at the end of the season though. he has worked HARD to build it up...time for another parent to hop on board, lol.
  • work. has slowed a bit...not nearly as many elective surgeries, a direct reflection of the recession/etc. a few changes in the works there too, but it will all pan out.
  • Mike. best guy EVER. words fail me here...i can't stress enough how lucky i am to have him. i keep typing and deleting, lol. lucky for me, i can just look at him, he grabs me in a hug, and whispers 'i know' in my ear.
  • grandparents. working on a geriatric eval. for my Gramps...and it breaks my heart. they just aren't quite up to taking care of themselves and their big house anymore, but don't quite see it that way. having to approach your grandparents about assisted living/selling their house/proper nutrition/caring for their bodies etc. is NOT fun, i assure you.
  • sweet. most of all, despite the pace...and the tears...and the stress, there is an inordinate amount of smiles and love in between to make it all worthwhile. to remind me that the good always outweighs the bad. and that i am one of the luckiest girls in the world.

life is...good.

14 comments:

  1. i just love when people put their heart in their words and you have done so beautifully. thanks for your post, reminds me i have much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at my little girl's pony tail yesterday and wondering when she would ask me to go to the salon for a new style - I thought, that can't be far off - so now I have an idea - 6th grade.
    Love your post today - so much to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, back to school...seems like a lifetime ago! I loved reading your post...so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post - ok i have also had it with the heat. like so over it! today it has finally broken here so hope you are in for the same in your neck of the woods - have a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low cut boots with heels...I laughed out loud at that one! This was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am done with the heat too! Our little lady starts SK. Where did that come from? I got to be the bad guy and take away my Grandma's car (her independence as she reminded me several times). Best of luck with all of it. It's never easy but you can always make it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny how many similarities we have. my girl is also going into 6th gr however it is still in elementary school here. she's looking forward to being top dog at school tho lol. she also plays club soccer so her haircut is determined on if she can put it up for soccer lol. i loved this post. the pure simplicity of it that speaks to your wonderful life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post. Working with older people who are becoming less independent is so hard, for you and them. Feeling for you about that:) Very glad things are going well, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Middle School-wow, I know it's around the corner for us and I'm NOT ready! I love her hair, but can't wait to see the "style" she gets! Loved the post Nic! Thanks for the kind words on my blog-I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful recap of all going on in your life. You have a lot to deal with...LOL on the Posh Spice 'do...she (and you) will not regret that "no"...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do have your plate full. I can relate to the grandparents...except they are not mine so it makes it all the more awkward for me as if it wasn't painful enough. Cyber hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome post. My oldest is going to 6th this year too. Although he's been in middle school since last year. And no fashionable hairdo for him. He just doesn't want it cut. At all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! It's nice to hear that your life is good. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i got a 20 yo. that still calls me mama. probably won't ever change =)

    ReplyDelete