- crazy. hectic. stressful right now. a few things happening, everyone is fine, but my heart sometimes feels like it is ready to thump right out of my chest.
- summer. almost gone. we knew this was going to be a busy summer for us, but i can hardly believe that it's winding down. i'm ok with that...i have HAD IT with the 90+ temps for the last 6 weeks. this girl wants to turn off her air conditioning.
- school. other than several flash drives that she needs for different classes, school supplies are bought. for middle school. WHOA. on to tackling a back to school wardrobe...and loving that she has sent me emails with links to things she likes. 'no Allie, you can not wear low cut boots with HEELS to 6th grade...HEEEEEEEEEEE.
- her. i wanted to post this pic, because on Tuesday...those braids will be gone. quote: 'Mama, i need a REAL haircut for middle school...i need a STYLE'. 2 things: a.)she still calls me Mama (and i love that), b.)no, she will not be getting the Posh Spice 'do that she texted me while i was at work. nothing quite so drastic, we still need to be able to pull it back out of her face for soccer.
- speaking of which, soccer. will be crazy this season, playing on 2 leagues. trying a premier club, but also keeping the security of our familiar league as well...just in case. looking forward to Mike passing the torch onto a new president of the league at the end of the season though. he has worked HARD to build it up...time for another parent to hop on board, lol.
- work. has slowed a bit...not nearly as many elective surgeries, a direct reflection of the recession/etc. a few changes in the works there too, but it will all pan out.
- Mike. best guy EVER. words fail me here...i can't stress enough how lucky i am to have him. i keep typing and deleting, lol. lucky for me, i can just look at him, he grabs me in a hug, and whispers 'i know' in my ear.
- grandparents. working on a geriatric eval. for my Gramps...and it breaks my heart. they just aren't quite up to taking care of themselves and their big house anymore, but don't quite see it that way. having to approach your grandparents about assisted living/selling their house/proper nutrition/caring for their bodies etc. is NOT fun, i assure you.
- sweet. most of all, despite the pace...and the tears...and the stress, there is an inordinate amount of smiles and love in between to make it all worthwhile. to remind me that the good always outweighs the bad. and that i am one of the luckiest girls in the world.